Monday, January 2, 2017

Dubai

During the boys' mid-term break, we took our first excursion out of Kuwait.  It was the first time, since arriving on July 12, that I had been more than 20km from my front door.  It was a wonderful week.


Burj al Arab (Tiger hit a golf ball off the helipad)

One little boy didn't like it so much


View from our room at night

Waterpark!!






Sunset over the desert


Sandboarding

Add caption




Dinner in the desert


He made me very dizzy - spun non-stop for 10 min






Recognize me?

the contrast is striking
 Dubai hosts Global Village for about 4 months and we were lucky enough to be in town for the opening.  It is a "world's fair" with food and goods from many countries, as well as rides and shows.
Global Village

We're home!


Excited to climb! (Begged for 20 min to be allowed)

I can't believe you are making me do this.

No FEAR!

OK, maybe I'm happy now.












'Merica




When we first told the boys we were moving to Kuwait, we had them look up on a map and learn about the area.  Jamie discovered that we were going to be close to the tallest building in the world - the Burj Khalifa. We promised that we would visit it while living here, so we got to keep our promise.

 The view from the 125th floor of the Burj Khalifa.

View of Palm Island from the 52nd floor of our hotel.

Goodbye, Dubai!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. I'm not sure I'd be so keen on the Burj Khalifa - heights and I don't like each other very much.

    ReplyDelete